There are many ways to note take. One way I have been exploring my digital note taking is through Twitter. I have to compose my thoughts in 140 characters and this naturally lends itself to breaking down key areas, content, ideas, or links I want to capture.
I’ve been participating in a large round table that we have called #warshipbootcamp. As a collection of educators, museum curators, directors, learning consultants, and learners we have been exploring how we can develop innovative curriculum and learning experiences for teacher and student audiences visiting a new exhibition and participatory site for the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydeny. Instead of moving between printed paper sheets of agendas and support materials, my notebook and my mobile devices to capture thoughts I moved to Twitter to capture all.
Here’s a sample of my note taking:
Key to this note taking strategy working is:
- A hashtag (to track the notes plus others on the team).
- Listen and tweet at the same time. Key for the fast pace is using a laptop as it is easier to capture your thinking this way than on a phone.
- Short and sharp notes are best.
- Search for links online at the same time, tweet, and come back to the new information later as you can feel comfortable that the information has been captured.
- Photos of content are great to assist in tracking the lived experience. This is when I do swap to my phone as much easier to “click and tweet” than the laptop.
How do you note take?
How have you utilised Twitter in this way?